All media representatives MUST turn in an application (click here) and obtain approval to participate as Media for the 2011 Tribal Journeys Canoe Landing by July 15th. No exceptions shall be made.
Official “Paddle to Swinomish” Press Release
Media Program – The Landing, July 25
Accredited media representatives are welcome to attend the Canoe Landing activities on Monday, July 25th at Swadabs Landing across the Swinomish Channel from the town of La Conner, provided that they have submitted an application and obtained approval of that application from the Tribe.
- Program details will be posted on the website ( www.PaddleToSwinomish.com ) by July 16th.
- For security reasons, only approved media representatives will be provided access to Swadabs Landing.
- Media representatives will be stationed in defined area on site to ensure access to the Landing activities.
- Media representatives will be required to check in with the on-site Media Coordinator upon arrival.
- By signing the application, Media representative applicants agree to abide by all rules, regulations, and laws enacted by the Swinomish Indian Tribal Community, including the terms of the Swinomish Tribal Canoe Journey Media Application.
- Upon registering, Media representatives agree to follow the Tribe’s protocols and respect all directions and instructions of the Tribal Journeys Media Coordinator.
- Specific events, dances and songs are sacred. During these specified events, dances and songs, the taking of photos and video is PROHIBITED. You will be notified what can and cannot be recorded or photographed prior to the event.
- Respect the canoe families & other participants by treating participants with courtesy.
- The Tribe reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or restrict your access to the Swinomish Reservation. The breaking and/or ignoring of our laws or rules will result in escorted removal from the Reservation.
Questions may be directed to:
Robin Carneen, Media Coordinator
Tribal Journeys 2011
Robin’s Cell: (360)421-1209